Saturday 6 April 2024

The rain continues

It's raining again today. We have already had 60% of April's average rainfall,  and we are only 20% into the month. March was 217% of average and February was 216%

Rain, albeit light showers is forecast for the next seven days. I would like to blame climate change, but I think it's just natural variations, which translates to "luck".

Now we have "Storm Kathleen" on the way.  A strange storm:-

The Met Office forecast for Saturday says:"A very windy day with severe gales likely in the west as a result of Storm Kathleen. Largely dry with sunny spells and the occasional shower."

So it looks like it will be warmer and drier in the storm than it has been for the last two months.

I must be getting soft.  At one time my only transport was a motor cycle or a scooter and I rode it all the year round, in hail, rain, high winds, snow, fog, and occasionally sunshine. But that was 50 years ago. As I remember I used to scorn "fair weather bikers". 


No comments: